Saturday, April 07, 2007

Blossoming personalities

Lucas is reaching 10 1/2 months, his personalities emerge vividly. To summarize what kind of person he is (let use this as a check list and count how many points I can get in next 20 years ):
Determined
Cautious
Opinionated
Rebellious
Witty
Mischievous
He is a baby boy with very strong characters. He does not want you to be his boss, he knows what he needs and does hate all force-actions. When he refuses to drink milk, you will not be succeeded to force him to have another single drop. Sometimes you can convince him to follow your instructions if he agrees with your reasons though. The bad thing is sometimes he has no idea what you are talking about...

All babies are experts of mind-reading, only adults somehow lose this ability when they get older. Lucas is also excelled in this skill. When he knows you are angry by reading your face, he will pretend he is innocent and tries to make you laugh.

The only daily activity he hates is changing clothes, sometimes I feel I am wrestling with him when trying to put on a body suit for him... I am trying to get tips from parenting books about how-to-keep-your-baby-stable-and-quiet-when-dressing.

After all, Lucas is still a little baby, a coin has two faces, babies bring you both happiness and headaches. Being a parent, you need patience and also intelligence, and it would be an advantage if you also have knowledge on first-aid, psychology, biology, sports, etc, etc.

It is not easy to be a parent, but the endless fun will reward you.

I love you Lucas.

No comments: