Baby gets slight fever and running nose. Jeff is sending him to see doctor at the moment. I am being trapped in my lifeless cubicle in office.
I am still having itchy throat even I had taken 5 days of antibiotics. My doctor told me my discomfort is caused by the air pollution. The walkathon I joined last Sunday just worsened my illness, because I was exposed in an open, but air polluted area.
It demonstrates how poor air quality causes millions of loss to the society.
When can we wipe away the grey colour from our sky? When can we breathe the fresh air? Is Hong Kong still a suitable place for human habituation? How will our next generation be?
Why did our Chief executive Mr. Tsueng insist there is no serious air pollution in Hong Kong. If our government has no courage to envisage the problem, how can we seek solutions?
The situation in Hong Kong is already better than mainland China, what is the picture of those industrialised area? if an artist of impressionism has chances to visit Guangzhou, how will he depict this area on the canvas? Several strokes of grey in different magnitudes?
Many people believe China will be the next dominant nation in the coming 20 years... Do you think so? For me, it is just a fantasy. We guys only focus on 'prosperity' and 'stability' but are hopeless on some more fundamental issue, such as environmental conservation, freedom... What the country is we pass to our next generation???
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Human may live in the planet Mars in the future!
meiki
Haha, but I do wish human knows how to treasure their 'mother-planet' in the first place.
Manki, I have also joined the Million Walk last Sunday~ aiya.. didn't meet u tim..
-Polly
Post a Comment