Lucas loves learning.
Since he was very small we taught him about our Earth. We said to him we are living in a big planet called the Earth. There was a map hanged at his room (but we threw it when moving to the new home, because the wet weather made it wrinkled and old).
Several days ago, we brought the babies to a bookstore. Lucas picked a small plastic globe and asked us to buy for him. He liked the globe a lot and even slept next to it at night.
Lucas loves to spin the Earth and asks us the name of the oceans and the continents. Last time I mentioned to him I had sponsored a baby in Africa, he called the boy “Africa Baby”, and asked me where the kid is on the globe.
Then I pointed him other places on the Earth – Hong Kong, Macau, China, Japan, Taiwan, Australia, Middle East, America, Europe, North Pole and South Pole. He also wanted to know where the Philippines is, a country where our domestic helper from.
I am so happy he is interested in the planet we are living. I talked to him that the Earth is very big, there are many places worth to go. When he grows big one day, he can travel to other countries, to experience different kind of life and culture.
When Linus gets bigger, I will also teach him to read map. =)
Thursday, April 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment