Lucas is calling me 'Mamei' a lot these few days.
He called me 'Ma' or 'Mama' before but not always, because in Cantonese, Grandma also sounds 'Mama' but in lower tone, which confused him. When he called me 'Mama', Grandma would misunderstand it and said 'Long Long, you call me a lot, you are a nice baby.'
Therefore, he chose not to say 'Mama' to me much, and replaced my title by 'Ah', 'Yee' etc.
Now Lucas knows how to pronounce 'Mamei' and understands it is exclusive to me. He speaks it confidently and loudly.
My heart melts down everytime when he says 'Mamei' in his sweet voice.
Before I become a mom, I couldn't imagine someone will call me Mom one day. I always felt it is so remoted to me, and this word associates with the image of typical moms who are not so cool. However, 'Mom' emerges as the most important word in my vocabulary now.
Life changes totally once you become a parent.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment