I was wrestling with Lucas during dinner. He refused to eat but demanded to get food from all dishes. If I tried to deliver a small piece into his mouth, he just pushed my hands away.
I was furious then punished him. He was forced to stay in a little carpet for 2 minutes. He cried and struggled. After the punishment, he was willing to sit still and ate a little bit more. After the meal, I wanted to hug him again, but he just rushed to Daddy.
I felt quite exhausted and desperate. Maybe I was a bit moody, I just thought too much... I worried I would not be able to communicate with my sons when they reach adolescence, and I could not manage their radical and rebellious behaviours partly due to the enormous hormonal changes inside their bodies?
Tears dropped and crawled down my face.
After awhile Lucas came back to me, I held him tight. We watched Playhouse Disney together, Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck were speaking English. I understood Mickey perfectly but I could not hear even a word from Donald... Well, was he speaking human language? I wonder.
It was time to feed Linus. I was holding this chubby angel, he could drink more than 5 oz. each time. After the feeding, I talked, sang and massaged him. He was a cheerful and simple baby, he smiled back to me always. How could I take my eyes off him? He was just too adorable.
It was sleeping time of the kids, I said "I love you" and kissed their foreheads and lips. Lucas could not pronounce "love" correctly, instead, he replied "Mommy, I bite you!" and smiled sheepishly.
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment