Monday, May 12, 2008

Oscar

We used to bring Lucas to one restaurant in our neighbourhood for casual meals during weekends. There is a waitress likes him a lot, but every time she mistakenly calls him Oscar instead of Lucas. I just feel too embarrassed to correct her.

I construct a scene in my mind, like those plots in melodrama - Lucas, the young man who goes back to his hometown when he has grown up, all old neighbours who knew him since he was a child recognized him. A old lady came over and held this young men's hands tight, then said, "Oh Oscar, so nice to see you again!! Wow, you are so tall, I still remember how you looked when you were a toddler...." Lucas plasters a freak broad grin on his face, he is too embarrassed to tell this lady that his real name is Lucas...

No comments: