I am tidying up files in my computer, then I 'fished' out this one. A letter I wrote to unborn Lucas when I was in my first pregnancy.
Being a working mom?!
Dear baby,
You know, I am planning to be a working mom. A lot of friends suggested me to be a full-time mom, and someone ( I won’t count this person as a friend) even attacked me verbally as he thinks stay-home mom is the only way a mother should behave.
However, I do believe all decisions have merits and drawbacks. I am sure I love you devotedly since the first time I saw you in your first ultrasound picture. However, having a career in the same time doesn’t make me I love you lesser.
In an on-line forum of a group of working moms, some of the ladies do feel guilty to leave their new born baby at home, and feel jealous when they see their kids develop the intimate bonding with the maids. However, they stress that QUALITY TIME to stay with the baby is much more important. And impressively, they believe that their working life could also provide a positive model for the kids. Financially speaking, some of them are the main bread winners, and that is why they would not consider to quit the jobs, and other claimed that working hard to gain money is also for the good sake of their children, they want to save the education funds for their future.
For me, I would not limit my decisions; I plan to be a working mom because I want to connect to the outside world, and to continue my social personal growth. I do believe this will bring you and me a positive effect. And I can further safeguard our family financial security and provide you more opportunities for the future education.
Striving balance means that I have to choose, but the decision is not all-or-nothing. Since the first moment you appear in my life, I should face the fact that my career development will be slow down a bit, but I don’t care, I love you!!
It is really sweet.. and I am really lazy in my work.... How can I type such a long letter during working hours?
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment