Thursday, February 23, 2006

Chatting with a stranger

Tonight Jeff and I treated ourselves a great dinner in Dan Ryan. A gwailo sit next to us kept looking at me. Suddenly he started a conversation with us. He asked me how many month of my baby, when I told him I was already in the 27 weeks, he was surprised and said I still looked very nice! It's great to have a compliment from someone you don't know.

I guess he himself is a daddy, because he said now would not be a difficult time for us until our baby in 1 or 2or 3 years old... Yeah, we know it absolutely, we have two nephews in this age range. They could be an angel in this moment, and then turn into a monster in the next second.

Today I had a meeting with the clients, we talked about the research study in Guam. It is very hard to find an agency in Guam which provides service in low cost. The client suggested me to fly over there to set up everything and conduct the fieldwork, it may help them to save the cost. Frankly, I hope I could have chance to do it, but I will have my maternity leave very soon, and the fieldwork is supposingly be started around July. So at that time who would feed Lucas if I fly to another side of the planet? I worry that after the trip, my baby won't remember me anymore and treat me as a stranger.

And the most crucial point is, I don't think I can return to my original body shape in July, so how can I wear those little vest, top tank and mini skirt in that lovely tropical island? Not to mention squeezing myself in a little bikini. Of course, I am so professional and I will concentrate on my job instead of spending the time wandering around pool sides and beaches, but I do think I have one or two days break to enjoy the sunshine there.

Well, no more day-dreaming, should think about how to get a better quote from other agencies...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

咩係 guam ? 係唔係同pigment用果 d?

Anthrokiki said...

Guam, an island nears Hawaii...