Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Nesting Instinct

According to the book 'What to expect when you are expecting', some pregnant women will have the 'nesting instinct' right before the birth. Same as some animals, they will try to collect lots of things to prepare the arrival of babies.

It seems happening on me!!! Everyday I worried that the stuff will be 'out of stock' and I have an urge to go out and buy, such as baby's things, my skin care and body care products, books for these two months, notebooks, stationary, etc, etc.

I have hundreds of books at home but I still feel they are not enough for me (or I think I won't read most of them because I have no interest), I want to go to book store for those newly released hottest books today.

Ironically, I should wisely use the time to read books about parenthood, but now I am reading the 7th vol. of 'The Princess Diary'.... It is because I will cry when I read those books about how to take care of babies... I don't know why, maybe I am too nervous to face the tremendous change ahead.

Anyway, just had another check up this morning, I gained 0.1 kg in this week, but doc said my baby grew up a lot and now is big enough. She estimates he weights about 6 pounds now, and she hopes I could give birth in these 2 weeks!!!! I can see the joy on her face.

No comments: